From one traveller to another…
- Always grab the window seat.
- Consult your GP’s surgery or travel clinic for advice about the necessary injections for your trip.
- Take your own first-aid kit, including syringes.
- Use a local sim card in each country.
- Keep a journal.
- Don’t take everything that the guide books suggest, especially pegless washing lines – they use the bushes in Cambodia!
- Keep hydrated.
- Make sure you have enough pages in your passport for all your visas – some countries take a whole page.
- Have a Facebook page or blog to keep family and friends updated. This is also helpful for notifications about who is travelling to your destination from home, so that you can meet up!
- Trust your instincts.
- Stop, breathe, and take it all in…
Read Angela’s full feature on her mature gap year here.