Congratulations! You’ve made it through the first few weeks of January and shaken off that ‘oh my, back to work’ feeling. Now’s the time to gain some perspective on what worked well for you last year and what didn’t so that you can make the most of 2020.
Here’s a simple self-coaching format to assist you. Find some quiet time and space so that you can answer three questions for yourself:
1. What went well last year?
2. What didn’t go so well last year?
3. What did I learn?
Write up your thoughts and observations. What themes or patterns do you see? Capture your insights before moving to the next stage. Now thinking about the future, answer these questions for yourself:
4. How might I apply this insight and learning to shape my attitude and behaviour in 2020?
5. What kind of support and resources will help me achieve beneficial change in my life?
6. How might I get more of these useful resources and helpful assistance in my life?
7. What might be the first step in this process?
Write up your answers. Now set your intention. This is vitally important as intention guides action. What will you act upon today that moves you towards that beneficial change? Taking just one small step towards your goal will motivate and energise you to keep going. Remember “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” Eleanor Roosevelt
If you’d like to discuss being coached by me as part of this, please get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org