Therapy decoded

There are many types of therapy available – here's how to find the one that's right for you


Therapy decoded

Where to find a therapist

Your GP should be your first port of call. The NHS mostly offers CBT. For more specialised private therapists, the following organisations have websites and practitioner registers:

UK Council For Psychotherapy

The British Association Of Counselling And Psychotherapy or visit the BACP public-facing website It's Good To Talk

Centre For Freudian Analysis And Research

Council For Psychoanalysis And Jungian Analysis

The Institute Of Psychoanalysis

The British Psychological Society

UK Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners